Hey Band Family!
Wanted to remind you about a few important things for this weekend and the start of summer band.
1. Burger House Spirit Night tomorrow (Sun 7/28) between 5-9 PM! Come visit with band friends/directors, get to know new band families, and eat some tasty food while supporting LHHS Wildcat Band. Get out of the kitchen and then go home to get some good rest before summer band starts. SPREAD THE WORD! Please be sure to invite all your friends, family and neighbors! The band makes a percentage of ALL sales between 5-9 PM! See you there (6248 E. Mockingbird Lane Dallas TX 75214)! You can bring your student’s physical form with you and turn it in to us at Burger House.
2. Summer Band Camp begins Monday, July 29th at 8 AM. Which means they need to be there at 7:45 AM. The schedule this first week of summer band is 8 to 11:30 a.m. outdoors, lunch break, then 12:45 to 4:30 p.m. indoors. Students need to wear cool clothing and supportive tennis shoes with hats, sunglasses, cooling neck towels or headbands and plenty of sunscreen. They will also need a BIG water bottle and lunch if they are staying on campus during lunch break!
3. Per UIL rules, ALL band students are required to have a physical form turned in before coming to summer band on Monday 7/29. There will be volunteers checking to see if you have a form on file or to take your student’s form on Monday morning. Here are some places you can go to get your form done if you haven’t already (form attached). Here are some options for places for you to get this done… your primary care physician, Care Now Urgent Care (9323 LBJ Frwy. Dallas, TX 75243), Care Now Urgent Care (2221 Abrams Rd. Dallas TX 75214), PrimaCare Medical Center (9901 Royal Ln. #106 Dallas TX 75231), or Watermark Urgent Care (9780 LBJ Frwy # 124 Dallas TX 75243).
4. Uniforms needs your help to get all of our band students outfitted for summer/marching/concert band uniforms! Please sign up to help! Any help is appreciated. Sign up here… https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e094aaea96-uniform
5. During summer band, snacks are provided for the kids. We need summer band snacks donated and also volunteers to help serve snacks at 11AM. Please sign up to help bring snacks or to server snacks! Our kids are working so hard and appreciate the love! Sign up here… https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b4baeaf2c7-lhhs
Can’t believe summer band is already here! See you all at Burger House or around the band hall this week! Go Band!
Vanessa Stevens LHABC President firstname.lastname@example.org
Joel Carson LHABC President email@example.com