Happy SPRING Band Families!!
We have so many great things in the works right now, so please mark your calendars!
The Harlem Wizards are coming!!! This event is happening on Monday, April 22nd at LHHS and benefits the LH Area Bands! Carnival and food trucks start at 4PM, doors open for the game at 5:30PM, and the game starts at 6:30PM.
- BUY TICKETS at https://harlemwizards.thundertix.com/events/147029
- Become a Harlem Wizards Sponsor – Kids at LH feeder elementary schools that cannot afford to attend Harlem Wizards need your help. Sponsor a 10 pack of tickets for only $100. We would also love to have some businesses help sponsor our carnival/bounce houses (these levels start at $175). All sponsors will be listed on banner at the event and added to our FB page and go out on info to all the feeder schools. Contact Jennifer Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be a sponsor. You can also take sponsor form to area stores, restaurants and businesses and/or email to your contacts. Harlem Wizard sponsors will have their logo and name out to all 15 schools and their families from LHHS throughout all the feeder elementary schools.
- Look for the ways to volunteer for the actual event. We will need help setting up, working the event, and cleaning up. More info will be coming for you to be able to volunteer!
LHABC Restaurant Fundraisers:
On WEDNESDAY, 4/3 the El Pollo Loco on Forest Ln. will donate 50% of that day’s profits to our band club!! Please pay them a visit that day and share the info with your friends and family! Also, on 4/23 the McAllister’s Deli on Skillman and NW Highway will donate 20% of that day’s profits to our band club (more details to follow).
NorthPark Gold Raffle is COMING SOON:
Students will be selling raffle tickets from 4/30-5/10. The kids will get their ticket packs at the end of April. Keep a look out and start thinking about who you can ask to buy a raffle ticket. There are 3 GREAT prizes – one $1000 NP Gold, and two $500 NP Gold. The students who sell the winning tickets will also get some NP Gold (1st prize gets $100 and the other 2 get $50 each in NP Gold).
LHABC Alumni Party and Fundraiser:
This fun event will take place on June 15th (details on attached flyer), so please mark your calendars!
SAVE THE DATE for the Band Banquet:
On May 10th we will gather and celebrate another outstanding year for the band, so mark your calendars and look for invitations that will go out in the mail. Hope to see all of you there!
SPRING TRIP Q&A:
Do you have questions about the upcoming spring trip? Join us on April 9th at 6 pm in the Band Hall for a Q&A as well as finalized details for the upcoming trip!
Join us for our upcoming Jazz Band event:
- An Evening of Jazz will take place TOMORROW, 3/28, in the H Building Auditorium.
- Jazz Under the Stars will be on May 2nd (details to come!). Please come out and hear how amazing our Jazz Bands are sounding!
IMPORTANT UNIFORM INFO!!:
From our MARCHING uniform parents:
Spring Uniform Day- the marching uniforms are back from the cleaners, so we need your help re-tagging and putting them away. Please come help us on Saturday, 4/13 between 9 am and 1 pm (sign up is forthcoming).
From our CONCERT uniform parents:
Concert Uniform return 5/13 (after Spring Concert)
This year uniforms will be individually checked in against inventory rather than the honor system used the past. So please make sure your student returns every item they received in the fall. Returns will take place after the concert. Students will change into their street clothes and then return full uniforms, hangers, and garment bags in the band room. Items not accounted for may be assessed against band fees next year or graduation fees for seniors.
We are in great need of adults to help check in uniforms after the concert so students can go home at a reasonable time. We do not expect this to take more than 30 minutes if we get the number of volunteers we hope to have. The more help we have the faster everyone can go home.
No time that night? You can help from home too! We need volunteers to wash garment bags, shirts, and dresses. Those will be available for pick up at the end of the night or you can text or email us and we are happy to drop them by your place later on. Liz Spiewak 520-327-2565 email@example.com or Melissa Steinmetz 214-437-3705 firstname.lastname@example.org. A sign up will go out closer to the date with more details.
From Uniform Purchasing:
If you are a graduating senior or will not be in band next year, please consider donating your SUMMER UNIFORMS and MARCHING SHOES back to the band! Mrs. Butler will happily accept all Adidas red shirts, black shorts, and marching shoes that are no longer needed!
- 3/28……….An Evening of Jazz, 7 pm in the H building auditorium
- 3/30……….Varsity Colorguard @ NTCA Championship
- 4/9…………SPRING TRIP Q&A
- 4/10……….Colorguard auditions
- 4/11………..RISD Jazzfest
- 4/22………..HARLEM WIZARDS!!
- 4/26-29…..Corpus trip!
- 5/10………..Band Banquet
Lastly, please contact us or a director directly with any questions or concerns you have. Please don’t post questions to social media if you are in need of a timely response.
Amy Daryani 972-841-5005
Sherwin Daryani 972-824-1691
LHABC Co-presidents, 2018-19