We had an AWESOME day at Chamber Music Festival yesterday!
LHHS Band student data: 134 solos and 11 Ensembles received 1st divisions! 14 soloists and 6 ensembles were given 1’s with Honors – the highest award of the contest! What an incredible accomplishment for members of the Wildcat Band! WOW!!!
The feedback we received from judges, directors, parents and students centered around how helpful and polite all of our volunteers were. The contest ran smoothly thanks to your efforts – both Friday night setup and Saturday night tear-down ended ahead of schedule, concessions and hospitality were a big hit and the contest ran without any major delays! To ALL students and parents who helped make this massive event happen – THANK YOU!! You represented our program with the highest level of class and professionalism.
Please double-check the band calendar for this week! We are beginning to shift some sectionals as we approach Spring Break. There was one instance last week where a rehearsal was not listed online, but other than that the calendar has been extremely helpful and a useful tool for everyone! All adjustments made are discussed in classes by the directors. CB 2 (Concert Band 2) sectionals are NEW this week on the calendar! Those are students that rehearse in the Orchestra Room each day 3rd period with Mr. Rees and Ms. Saucedo.
Good luck to the Percussion ensembles competing in Forney on Friday and the Jazz Band as they compete in Plano this Saturday!
CONGRATULATIONS to our incredible winter guards! On Friday night, Varsity won 1st place again and JV placed 4th in their class. We are so proud of the great work they’re doing. Their next competition is March 8th in Mansfield!
Important dates coming up:
- March 4: LHABC General Meeting
- Malcolm Helm Solo competition: Prelims will occur during classes this week and Finals is Tuesday, March 5 at 7pm in the H-building Auditorium.
- March 7: Percussion Concert
- March 11-15: Spring Break!
- March 19: Side by Side Rehearsal – This is a NEW event this year! Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will be rehearsing with the LHJH and FMJH bands after school that day on their UIL music.
- March 20: RISD Winterguard Showcase
- March 21: Pre-UIL immediately after school (ALL Bands)
- March 22: Final Spring Trip payment due
Have a great week!