Hi, Band Families!
I hope all of you had a chance to catch the LHHS Theater production of Cinderella last week- not only did our AMAZING pit orchestra (led by Mr. Rees!) sound like professionals, but many of our band students were part of the cast and crew. Nice job, ladies and gents! It was a great production!
Thanks to all of you who showed up for the Spring Trip meeting- please make sure you have turned in your first payment OR have communicated with the directors regarding your payment plans! We want everyone who is eligible to attend to be able to do so!
We want to make sure that everyone knows to please email, text or call us with any questions you may have. There have been several instances of questions being posted to the band’s Facebook page, but since that is not a regularly monitored page we don’t always see things in a timely fashion. We would hate for anyone’s questions to slip through the cracks!
We have some important events in the coming days and weeks, so please make sure your calendars are marked!
Here’s what’s coming up:
- TOMORROW, 1/30: Head to GRUB Burger anytime between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m., and tell the cashier you’re there to support the band. We get 20% back, and the restaurant fundraisers really add up (plus, you have to eat anyway, right?)!
- FRIDAY, 2/1: Spring Pep Rally! Band Students need to wear their RED ADIDAS BAND SHIRT and JEANS.
- FRIDAY, 2/1: LHJH Play-a-thon fundraiser from 4:30-8:30; we are still in need of volunteers for this, so please let me know if you can help!
- SATURDAY, 2/2: MATTRESS PALOOZA IS HERE!!! 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is a HUGE fundraiser for one day’s work, and we would love to see everyone spread the word! If you haven’t yet joined the Facebook page for this, please do so, and then share it far and wide!
- THURSDAY, 2/7: FMJH Play-a-thon from 4:30 to 7; we are still in need of volunteers for this, so please let me know if you can help!
- FRIDAY, 2/15: Second payment is due for the Spring Trip!
- SATURDAY, 2/23: Chamber Music Festival! Details to come!
- FRIDAY, 3/22: Final payment is due for the Spring Trip
- MONDAY, 4/22: Harlem Wizards fundraiser! Details to come!
- FRIDAY, 4/26- MONDAY 4/29: Spring Trip to Corpus!
Please let us know if you have any questions- we are always happy to help any way we can!
Amy Daryani 972-841-5005
Sherwin Daryani 972-824-1691
LHABC Co-presidents, 2018-19