Happy November, Band Families!
Bandtober was a WHIRLWIND, so congrats for your perseverance! I know we were all disappointed over not advancing to State, but our kids and directors are going to continue to work hard finishing out the season! Hopefully everyone has had an opportunity to see the full program- both the music and visuals are beautiful!
THANK YOU to our Senior Parent chairs- Wendy Waggoner, Starla Horstman, and Cindy Jenkins – for spoiling our seniors this week!! Tomorrow’s luncheon and game day fun will be a great end to the week!
Some important info for the days ahead:
- Friday morning, 11/2: Senior breakfast with the directors.
- Friday afternoon, 11/2: No after school rehearsal. Band will perform PART of the show at halftime, and the seniors will be recognized at halftime. Everyone will march over between 6-6:15. Seniors, wear your crazy hats! Senior Parents, come join in on the fun with your seniors (look for details in Wendy’s email from yesterday).
- Saturday, 11/3: If you (or your child) are signed up to perform at the RISD 5K, please look for information soon from Mr. Chavis.
- If you loaned an ice chest for last Saturday’s marching contest please check the one you picked up to see if the bottom says “TAYLOR” so we can get them all back to the correct owners. Thanks!
- Please check the calendar at LHABC.org for the most current info about our schedule- Mr. Chavis does a great job of keeping it up to date. And, if you happen to get updates to your mobile device’s calendar, please not that sometimes the updates don’t happen properly, so hop on the website and take a look at the calendar there if you’re getting info from your kids that differs from what your app shows.
- Saturday, 11/10: Lone Star Drumline Contest at Marcus HS in Flower Mound. Make plans to carpool out and cheer on our AWESOME Drumline!!
- YAY for our gently used fridge and new freezer that are soon to be delivered to the booster room!!! We are SO thankful to the kind souls who helped make this happen without delving into our already tight budget! They have chosen to be anonymous, so let’s all just be super nice to everyone we encounter, on the off-chance that person donated that fridge or freezer! KIND PEOPLE ROCK!!
- SAVE THE DATE (and spread the word): Harlem Wizards basketball fundraiser for the band will be on 4-22-19. Details forthcoming!
We so appreciate everyone who continues to volunteer their time to make the band program run smoothly! Thanks so much!
Amy Daryani 972-841-5005
Sherwin Daryani 972-824-1691
LHABC Co-presidents, 2018-19