Hi, Wildcat Band Families!
We’re all glad to be having a break from the rain, and so far this weekend is looking sunny for our Friday game against Pearce and our UIL Area performance on Saturday. If you haven’t already done so, please make sure to read Mr. Chavis’ update from yesterday, 10/21, regarding the changes in this week’s schedule, as well as a TENTATIVE timeline for UIL Area.
Some important info for the week ahead:
- Tomorrow (Tuesday, 10/23): Our Concert Uniform moms are still in need of two more people to help transfer concert uniforms to the proper hangers and place them in garment bags. This is not a task that will work with students, so you do not have to be on the dedicated volunteer list to help. Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0C4BAEA929A64-concert2
- Wednesday, 10/24: Chick-fil-a Spirit Day fundraiser ALL DAY LONG at the NW Hwy/Skillman location! Go for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (OR ALL OF THE ABOVE) and tell them you’re there to support Lake Highlands Band.
- Our Varsity Revue fundraiser was a HUGE success, raising just under $8,000! Many thanks to our VR Chairs, Lori Read and Kristin Roan, who headed up the fundraising aspects of this great event!
- Friday, 10/26: Senior collage letters are DUE!! We can’t wait to see them in the band hall for Senior Week next week! Seniors, if you haven’t yet gotten your letter from Mr. Chavis’ office, please do so!
- Wednesday rehearsal is from 2:30 to 5:30 after that day’s early dismissal (2:10). Make sure your kids have a snack to have before rehearsal!
- We want YOU to be an LHABC Volunteer! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to our list. Background checks are required and can be done HERE: http://www.risd.org/group/community/VolunteerOpportunities.html
Thanks to all of you for your flexibility during this rainy marching season! The kids have definitely learned some resilience through this! And thanks for your continued support of LHABC!
Amy Daryani – 972-841-5005
Sherwin Daryani – 972-824-1691
LHABC Co-presidents, 2018-19