Hi, Band Families! Marching season is off and running (or, rather, off and marching), and by the looks of things the kids are going to look amazing once the whole show is complete with props (THANK YOU, PIT POPS!!) and full marching uniforms (THANK YOU, UNIFORM MOMS!)! We hope that all of you will support the band by attending the games and cheering on our kids and directors at halftime!
September and October are BUSY for the band, and we want everyone to feel ready to conquer and enjoy these next several weeks. This newsletter is a long one, but it’s packed with important information! Please take the time to read it all!
· MUMS AND ARMBANDS can still be ordered through TOMORROW, 9/14! Contact Jennifer Newman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and print your order forms here: https://lhabc.org/2018/07/22/2018-homecoming-mums/
· PICKUP FOR MUMS AND ARMBANDS will be Monday, 9/24 and Tuesday 9/25 from 4:30-6:30 in the Orchestra Room. Please make arrangements to pick up yours those days OR contact Jennifer (see above) to make other arrangements
· WE RAISED $38,550 in our Snap Raise campaign and had 100% participation!! (THANK YOU, JENNIFER, FOR YOUR HARD WORK ON THIS!!) Great job, everyone, for your hard work in getting the word out! GO BAND!
· Chipotle Fundraiser Night for LHHS Band is Monday, 9/24 from 5-9 pm, 11613 N. Central Expy Ste. 100; digital or printout of attached flyer is required! We are not allowed to hand them out at Chipotle, so please bring yours with you.
· Varsity Revue chairs, Lori Read and Kristin Roan, would like to thank everyone who helped sell ads and all who contributed to band ad purchases! They are still taking Shout Out orders for the program (through 9/18) and for the performance (through 9/21), and those forms can be found here: https://lhabc.org/forms/
· Varsity Revue Tickets will be sold the week of 9/24 during lunches AND the nights of the performances at the door (9/27 and 9/29). Don’t miss the fun!
· Come cheer on our amazing DRUMLINE when they compete in the Plano Drumline Contest on Saturday, Sept. 22 at 5:30 p.m. at Clark Stadium in Plano. We want them to have a cheering section as LOUD as they are!
· Please check your closets for concert uniforms! Our Concert Uniform chairs are missing MANY jackets, pants, shirts, and dresses! We would love to see them back where they belong!
· This Friday’s pregame meal will be Subway! Thanks, LeaAnne Pillers, for keeping our kids and directors fed and happy!
· VOLUNTEER WITH US! We are always looking for new volunteers and would love to add you to the list! Please email me (Amy) at email@example.com to be included in future Volunteer Updates! RISD’s required background checks can be done here: http://www.risd.org/group/community/VolunteerOpportunities.html
HOW CAN I HELP? We are currently looking for volunteers to help with:
- Serving meals
- Ironing Uniforms
- Selling Varsity Revue Tickets
- Handing out mums and armbands
Important dates to add to your calendars:
- 9/14: Away game @ Haltom
- 9/22: Drumline competes at Plano Drumline Contest @ Clark Stadium
- 9/24-25: Pick up mums and armbands in the orchestra room, 4:30-6:30
- 9/24: Chipotle Spirit Night Fundraiser, 5-9 (remember flyers!)
- 9/22-28: Purchase VR tickets during lunches (or at the door of performances)
- 9/27: Varsity Revue performance! 7 pm
- 9/28:Homecoming Game against Skyline
- 9/29: Varsity Revue Performance 6 pm
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns!
Amy Daryani 972-841-5005
Sherwin Daryani 972-824-1691
LHABC Co-presidents, 2018-19