Good afternoon and Happy Labor Day Weekend,
The band did a phenomenal job on Friday – at the pep rally, throughout the school day, FB game and halftime! We are VERY proud of their efforts this week leading up to our first game of the season.
- Monday: (Labor Day) OFF! Enjoy the holiday
- Tuesday: 6:15am Student Leadership meeting (Orchestra Room)
- Tuesday-Friday: Morning rehearsals
- Tuesday in classes: Fundamental Pass-off DUE. This can also be recorded over the long weekend if you prefer!
- Friday: first round of Region recordings are DUE. These will be submitted through Google Classroom connected to each student’s band class. There are many ways to record/submit (Chromebook/Phone/Home computer). Use a metronome at whatever tempo you are currently practicing
- Saturday: Game Day at the Cotton Bowl
Saturday Schedule: Eat something and drink water before arriving!
- 6:45-7:30am – Marching rehearsal in the stadium. Arrive BY 6:30am just like a typical school day.
- 7:30-8:15am – Food served in the H-building Cafeteria
- 8:15am – Call time with EVERYTHING needed for the game (small instruments in cases, water bottle, flip folder). Dress will be the SAME as last week’s game – sunglasses/sunblock are encouraged!
- 8:30am – Depart for Cotton Bowl
- 9:00am – Arrive and unload
- 9:30am – Enter the stands
- 10:00am- Kickoff!
- 12:30pm – Load and leave
- 1:00pm – Arrive at LH
We hope you’ll come see us!
Have a great rest of your weekend,