What a fantastic first week of school! The band is working extremely hard and we now have almost the full first 2 movements on the field.
If you missed Saturday’s rehearsal, it is expected that you come early tomorrow to get caught up on drill that was learned. It was a very productive rehearsal!
If all Band registration paperwork isn’t turned in by THURSDAY, you cannot attend the first game. If you have any question about forms, please contact Mr. Martinez.
Schedule for Friday:
- Band practice 6:45-8:15am
- Pep Rally begins at 9am for ALL band students
- You need to wear your Adidas summer uniform shirt for the Pep Rally (choose your own shorts/pants) and then we want you to represent the band all day at school by keeping that shirt on! Normal procedure will be to wear your Adidas shirt on game day!
- Black uniform shorts will be passed out Friday during classes to all new members and anyone who re-ordered new shorts.
- Game dress: Summer uniform shirt, uniform shorts (provided – NOT athletic shorts like last week!), WHITE ankle socks and black marching shoes (NOT tennis shoes!) You must have a Flip folder for the game.
- All band classes meet during the day on Pep Rally schedule.
- After school – rehearsal 4:25-5:15in the stadium!
- 5:30-6:15 – Dinner served in the H-building cafeteria
- 6:15pm – Call time with everything needed for the game in Band Hall (summer uniform/flip folder/water)
- Kickoff is 7:30pm! Game should be over around 10pm.
All WW/Brass band students now have an objective sheet for band and due dates start tomorrow. Please ask them to show you their objective sheet! The first thing due is Band Binder/Flip Folder/Instrument in working condition due TOMORROW.
The next few objectives include passing off the National Anthem (by Friday), a fundamental exercise (by 9/4) and the first Region music recordings on Google classroom (by 9/7). These are listed on the objective sheet as well as on the band calendar.
Varsity Revue forms are due this week!! We are still looking for Emcees to host the event. This is a great opportunity for band kids to help manage the entire show and be on stage. We are looking for 2-3 people to step up for this great opportunity!
After this week: You have Labor Day OFF – ENJOY!
THANK YOU to our awesome band parents for helping build props and sell merchandise on Saturday in the heat – we appreciate you.
Have a great week!