We hope everyone is enjoying summer (and practicing some music!)! We are excited about the upcoming 2018-19 school year which will kick off for our band students in ONE WEEK with summer band! Here is some important info to take you into the next few weeks:
- BEGIN HYDRATING TODAY! Seriously. Drink water, lots of it. Did you know that if you divide your body weight by 2, that number is the minimum number of ounces of water you need daily? (eg: if you weigh 140 lbs. you should drink a minimum of 70 oz. of water daily) You need even MORE if you’re active (hint: marching is active!). We don’t like it when people pass out, so HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE.
- Join us Sunday, 7/29, 5-9 p.m. at Burger House on Mockingbird Ln.! Get out of the kitchen, enjoy some yummy burgers, say hi to band friends, and welcome our new band families! LHABC gets part of the proceeds, so tell all your friends and neighbors!
- Summer Band begins Monday, 7/30 at 7 a.m. (pssst… that means 6:45 in band time!). The schedule this first week of summer band is 7 to 11 a.m. outdoors, lunch break, then 12:30 to 4 p.m. indoors.
- Keep your eyes peeled for important fundraising info! SNAP Raise and Homecoming Mum sales are gearing up, and your participation is so important for the success of our fundraisers (fundraising success keeps band fees down, btw). Please see the attachment for the latest Homecoming Mum info.
- Wear cool, breathable clothing and comfortable athletic shoes for summer band! Bring a wide-brim hat, sunglasses, and wear sunscreen.
- Bring your lunch if you won’t be leaving during break!
- Eat right! Nobody likes barfing during marching practice, and the heat can be hard on full stomachs! Have a good meal the night before, make sure you’ve been hydrating all week prior, and have a LIGHT but PROTEIN-FILLED breakfast each morning!
- Plan to attend band registration on Saturday, Aug. 11 from 10-2! There will be detailed info about this soon, so be on the lookout for that!
- Seriously… HYDRATE. (seriously) Sodas and lattes aren’t hydration, just fyi. Drink water, electrolyte drinks, and WATER.
lhabc.org is your go-to for ALL. THINGS. BAND. This is the best, most up-to-date source of information. It has links to our Facebook page and our Instagram page, as well as links to the amazing photos our historians take of our kids. There is also a calendar, so you can check it if you aren’t sure when something will be taking place.
Please let us know if we can be of help in any way- we want to make sure everyone gets ALL the info they need in order to have a fun and successful marching season! Don’t hesitate to text, email, or call us with any questions you might have!
Sherwin Daryani 972-824-1691 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Daryani 972-841-5005 email@example.com
LHABC Co-presidents, 2018-19