Hi Band Families!
I can hardly believe that we only have 31 days till we are out of school! WHOA! What a fast and fun year we have had!
THE SPRING TRIP was a so much fun! I want to say a special thank you to all the chaperones who attended the trip and made it possible (Leigh Tidwell, LeaAnne Pillers, Cary Pillers, Vanessa Stevens, Jim Newman, Keely Carson, Joel Carson, Sherwin Daryani, Glenn Stone, Susan Fridich, Kelly Akins, Michelle Howard, Wendy Waggoner, Ros Wilhelm, and Carolyn Sullivan. And another big thank you to all the directors and our very own resident principal, Mrs. Everett who came and spent time working/playing with our band kids! What an amazing and fun trip!
IMPORTANT BIG STUFF HAPPENING RIGHT NOW…
1. Jazz Under the Stars is this Thursday, May 3rd in the Wildcat Stadium! Come and get dinner and desserts at 6PM (LHABC makes a % of the sales) and then join us on the field with your chairs and blankets for a great concert! Please tell your friends about the concert!
2. The dessert table for Jazz Under the Stars needs you… sign up and bring individually wrapped desserts please! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4ba4a72aa7f94-jazz
3. Deadline to RSVP to and pay for the Band Banquet is this Friday, May 4th! Invitations were mailed to your home. Your student can pick up an invitation and RSVP card from the directors if you did not receive yours. You don’t want to miss out on a fun evening! Cost is $20/pp. Doors open at Park Cities Baptist Church at 6PM. Dinner is at 6:30PM. After dinner there is a dance upstairs till 10PM. Dress attire is semi-formal. Can’t wait to see you there and celebrate our seniors and band!
4. Raffle tickets for Northpark Gold came home Friday or today with your student. There are 10 tickets for each student to sell. Payments need to be in cash. Please don’t promote on social media (Texas law for raffles). If you feel you tried to sell your tickets to friends, family, co-workers & neighbors and have tickets left, you can come sell tickets at the JH Spring Concerts. And if you sold all your tickets and need more, you can get more from Mrs. Newman. Contact her at 469-441-5468 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to sell at JH concerts or get more tickets. All ticket stubs and cash need to be returned by Friday, May 11th.
5. Please resend or drop off Corporate Sponsorship letters to your contacts and places you go to! We need you all to help get the word out to sponsor our awesome band! Deadline to get sponsors commitments is May 31st. Here is the link to the form… https://lhabc.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/20182019-sponsorship-letter.pdf
6. LHABC has put proposed updates to our Bylaws on the lhabc.org website for all LHABC members to look over. The reason for the changes is for a more accurate picture of how LHABC currently works. If you have any questions, please contact Cary Pillers at email@example.com. If there are no major things that need additional changes, we will be voting on accepting the changes at the May 8th meetings. A copy is also attached to this email. Places where changes were made have a red line in the left margin.
7. The 2018-2019 LHABC Board will be presented at the General Meeting on Tuesday, May 8th. Please plan to attend the meeting and welcome our new board! We will be wrapping up business for this year and getting ready for an exciting new year! Additionally, the changes to the bylaws will be voted on – you can review the changes here: LHABC Bylaws Review.
Upcoming in May
Be sure to mark your calendars for all the awesome things going on in May! There are also a few dates for June that are important as well.
|4/30-5/3||Leadership Interviews and Auditions
Color Guard Auditions
Drum Major Auditions
|5/4||Band Banquet RSVP/$ due today!|
6PM LHABC Board Meeting
7PM LHABC General Meeting
|5/9||Drum Major Interview
FMJH Spring Concert
|5/10||Drum Major Interview
LHJH Spring Concert
|5/11||Northpark Gold Raffle tickets due today!
BAND BANQUET 6:30PM at PCBC
|5/12||Sasi Leadership Camp 10AM-6PM|
|5/15||LHHS Spring Concert 7PM
Raffle winners announced!
|5/17||Trombone Recital 6:30PM in FC|
|5/18||Leadership/Band placements announced
Flute Recital 6:30PM in FC
|5/19||Red & White Game at 2PM in stadium|
|5/31||Corporate Sponsorship due today!
Last day of school!
Special dates you need to know for June…
|6/1||Band camp kicks off at 8AM for all band
8-11:30AM & 1-4PM
|6/2||LH Graduation 8:30-11:30AM at Curtis Culwell Center|
|6/4||Band camp kicks off at 8AM for all band
8-11:30AM & 1-4PM
|6/4||Fuddruckers Spirit Night from 6-9PM|
|6/5-6/6||Leadership Workdays 8AM – Noon|