In case you missed the meeting on Thursday, here is some important information about the Spring Trip & Mattress Palooza!
Spring Trip – April 20th – 23rd
Each Spring the LHHS Band will travel for a performance. For three years of a student’s four years in high school, the band travels to Corpus Christi for the South Coast Music Festival. Every fourth year, the band travels out of state to perform. Past locations have included Hawaii and Disney World.
In order to attend as band member must:
- Be a member of Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Concert Band, or Winterguard.
- Be an eligible member in good standing for Fall and Spring semesters (meaning: all fall band fees paid in full).
- Have all trip fees must be paid in full.
- Corpus Christi dates – April 20th to April 23rd
- Will be staying at the Island House Condos
- Cost is $375 per person (covers RT bus, 3 nts. lodging, & contest fees)
- 1st payment of $125 is due 1/19
- 2nd payment of $125 due 2/16
- 3rd payment of $125 due 3/23
Send your trip deposit in by Friday, 1/19 with the registration form to the band safe in an envelope marked with your student’s name and Corpus Trip written on the envelope. You can also pay via Charms with a credit card. Be sure to mark in the notes that it is for the Spring Corpus trip.
- Need lots of chaperones (adults) – consider joining us on a fun trip!
FYI – regular band fees (from when you registered in August), need to be paid in full before you start payments for the spring trip.
MATTRESS PALOOZA IS ON February 3rd and we need all of you to make it a success!
We need everyone to help us promote the event! The success of this relies entirely on us getting the word out about it. In 2017, the event raised $9000 to support the Lake Highlands cluster bands – the highest amount raised by any RISD school.
Please do the following 3 things. It will only take a few minutes of your time:
1. Text a copy of the linked flyer to all your friends and family with following message:
“ Lake Highlands Bands need your help. Mattress Sale February 3rd. Great beds, better prices. If you need a mattress, call me and I will explain the details.”
2. Please JOIN our Facebook event and INVITE your friends!!!! https://bit.ly/Beds4LakeHighlands
3. Share the attached flyer via email / social media.
Check out this YouTube video to see how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_pQ6O8aVus