Happy 1st Week of School Band Families!
So excited for the official first day of 2017-2018 school year for our LHHS Wildcat Band kids! Just wanted to touch base about some important things to know for the first week. Remember that the lhabc.org calendar and Mr. Chavis’ dates and times are the ones to always follow.
1. Band practice starts Monday, August 21st. Practice is every morning Monday – Friday at 6:45AM unless the calendar or your band director states otherwise. The kids will start at 6:45AM, so they need to be there at 6:30AM to get ready to play.
2. What do they need to wear for AM band practice? Clothes like they wore during Summer Band with supportive shoes. They need to bring something to change into after practice. They may also want to bring toiletries to get freshened up after practice.
3. SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP! Help your band kid get enough sleep by reminding them to get to bed early. They have a LONG school day with early band practice, especially Fridays.
4. It is helpful to pack up items needed the night before and to lay out clothing choice as well.
Other important information to pass along…
– Carolyn Sullivan, Band Photographer, is looking for you and your photos! If you are a photographer and would like to help out by taking photos at some band events, please contact her at email@example.com
– SNAP RAISE fundraiser is going great you guys! We still have some time to spread the word to support our band! We need every kid in our band to get at least one donation to help us do our best. If you have someone who does not want to do an online payment, but wants to donate to the band, please contact Kimberlie Brashear at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some other important events to mark on your calendar for this week and later…
|Thursday, August 24th 4-6PM||LHJH and FMJH Band Registrations|
|Thursday, August 24th 6-8PM||Wildcat Fall Sports Rally (Band participating)|
|Friday, August 25th 6:30PM in Band Hall For all band families||Lone Star Ambassadors Info Meeting(about the 16 day European Concert Tour Trip)|
|Tuesday, August 29th at 5PM||Cici’s Pizza Restaurant Night – LHHS Band makes a % of the sales. Spread the word and invite all your friends!|
|Friday, September 1st at 6:30PM||1st FOOTBALL GAME vs. Mesquite at Wildcat Stadium! Come cheer on the band as they march into the stadium from band hall along Church Rd. at 6:30PM and then stay for the whole game!|
|Thursday, September 14th 6:30 – 8PM||Fundraising Strategy Meeting in the Band Hall Come help us brain storm new and fun ways to raise funds for LHABC!|
Happy 1st week of school Wildcats!!! Go Band!
Jennifer Newman (469) 441-5468 email@example.com
Bob Brashear (214) 341-9936 firstname.lastname@example.org