The final week of Summer Band is here! This is an action-packed week so here are a few reminders about what will be happening so that you don’t miss out on anything! FYI – Mr. Chavis will send out emails about practice times and director specific information for you as well. Always refer to the director’s email and the website calendar as the correct for times and locations of events!
1. Mr. Rees’s birthday is tomorrow, Monday August 14th! Be sure to help him celebrate with well-wishes, cards and any appreciation you and your child would like to do! His email is email@example.com if you would like to send him birthday wishes.
2. Snap Raise fundraiser is going great! Way to go Wildcat Band! Please keep spreading the word and following up with your fans.
3. Tuesday, August 15th we have 2 important meetings in the band hall. All band parents are welcome to join us for the General Meeting to hear about what LHABC (Lake Highlands Area Band Club) has been doing this summer and what is coming up.
|6PM||LHABC Board Meeting for all Board Members|
|7PM||LHABC General Meeting for all Band families|
4. Friday, August 18th there are two important events not to miss out on…
|6PM||Senior Parent Meeting in band hall|
|7PM||Parent Info Meeting and Preview of marching show in the stadium|
5. Uniform items that you will need to purchase before school starts… a black belt, black crew socks, & black ankle socks.
6. Our Uniform Moms have also asked that if you have any summer uniform items or under uniform items that you are no longer using, to please send those to the band hall with your student to add to the emergency uniform stash. There will be a plastic bin marked uniforms near the chaperone room or just inside the band hall this coming week.
7. If you have not already signed up to get reminders for band via text, please be sure to sign up. Just send a text to 81010 that says @lhabcf. This will allow you to get reminders via text.
8. With a band of our size, there are many different opportunities for you to be involved to help it to be a success. Marching season has lots of opportunities to get involved.
|Chaperones||Help the band in the stands during games and ride with students on buses (official sign up to come out via email later this week).||Leigh Tidwell
|Meals||Help set up for, serve and clean up meals for band students before games.||Starla Horstmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pit Pops||Help cook meals before games (5PM), moving props on/off fields at half-time, loading and unloading props for away games. (You are welcome to show up and help where you can).||Charles Schmalzreid
9. Practice times for final week of Summer Band (remember that Mr. Chavis’ dates/times trump this list)
|Mon 8/14||1:00 – 4:30PM
6:00 – 9:00PM
|Tues 8/15||4:00 – 8:00PM|
|Wed 8/16||1:00 – 5:00PM|
|Thurs 8/17||4:00 – 8:00 PM|
|Fri 8/18||7:00 – 11:00AM
12:30 – 4:30PM
6:45 – 8:30 PM (Parent Preview)
Finish Summer Band strong Wildcats!!!
Can’t wait to see you all Tuesday and Friday!
Jennifer Newman (469) 441-5468 email@example.com
Bob Brashear (214) 341-9936 firstname.lastname@example.org