Here’s what you need to know about upcoming band registration, when you should come and what you will need to bring with you on Saturday.
Band Registration is this Saturday, August 5th from 10AM – 2PM. Please see the table below and come during your allotted time slot. It usually takes about an hour to go through registration (especially new band families). You will enter the Band Hall through the door/ramp between the Auditorium and Band Hall, not the stairs where the kids usually enter.
10 – 11 AM
A to F
11 AM – Noon
G to K
Noon – 1 PM
L to P
1 – 2 PM
Q to Z
Here is a list of what you will need to bring with you to registration:
- Review the forms that Mr. Chavis emailed
- Form of payment for band fees/instrument fees. We will be able to take cash, check or CC. Look of the sample fee sheet and extended payment form that applies to your child. If using a school instrument you will need to pay that fee and all students must pay at least 1/5 of their band fee on Saturday.
- 2 copies of the front and back of your child’s insurance card
- 2 cases of bottled water
It is important to come to registration on Saturday, but if you accidentally scheduled a trip, please contact Mr. Chavis to let him know at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot be there Saturday, you will need to plan on coming up to the band hall on Monday, August 7th between 3:30-4:30PM to turn in all your forms, copies of your insurance card, and then fill out band fee sheet and make a payment.
Here are some things that you will be able to do while at registration…
- Drop off water right inside the door
- Enter your family into Charms or review Charms to make sure info is current
- Drop off completed forms in appropriate baskets (Forms)
- Pick up and fill out appropriate fee sheet for your student & get extended payment form if needed
- Consult with a director about private lessons and fill out form to participate
- Uniforms (Freshmen order new items and upperclassmen order replacement items. They will be available for pick during the first week of school)
- Students can try on new marching jacket and have picture taken for buttons/magnets (Students come ready to be photographed)
- Opportunities to volunteer and get involved (great way to serve our students and directors and meet other parents)
- Get some great spirit wear for the whole family
- Independent Vendors will also be there with some helpful and fun items to add to your band/school experience
New Band students will get …
- Black Band Logo t-shirts and shorts (this is worn under their full marching uniform)
- Summer Uniform (red polo and black shorts)
- Marching shoes
- Gloves/grips (2 pairs)
- Monogrammed Band accessory bag
- Band logo red water jug
- Every parent/guardian of students enrolled in Band are members of LHABC (Lake Highlands Area Band Club). This organization of parent boosters will feed, clothe, transport and chaperone the Band students.
Looking forward to an amazing marching season with all of you! See you Saturday at Registration!