Hi Band Family!
There are a few important things you need to know for this week, then on to the most important info… 1st football game and halftime performance!
1. Tuesday, August 29th from 5 – 10PM: Cici’s Pizza restaurant night benefitting LHHS Wildcat Band. Get out of the kitchen and join us at Cici’s Pizza (8694-A Skillman, Dallas, TX 75243). Invite your friends and neighbors to join us too!
2. Missing Band Registration Forms – Band kids need to check the list inside the band hall doors to see if they are missing forms. Then pick up forms need to complete and bring home to parents and return filled in forms to directors asap.
3. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all the volunteers working hard behind the scenes to make sure that the LHHS Wildcat Band is ready to go this week! The Uniform Moms, Pit Pops, Chaperone Moms, and Meal Moms have been hard at it along with lots of helpers! Our kids and directors have also been working so hard to get ready as well! Way to go Band & Volunteers!!!
4. Practice times are Monday – Friday at 6:45AM (remember that Mr. Chavis’ times and calendar are the correct times).
1ST FOOTBALL GAME
LHHS VS. MESQUITE
This Friday, Sept. 1, is the first LHHS home football game this season. We want to make sure that you and your band kid have a great experience!
THURSDAY NIGHT (Aug. 31st) – Pack your band bag for Friday. Your band kid will need their “Under Uniforms” (the black wicking shorts and shirt with band logo). They change into these right after school to practice in. They will also need their “Summer Uniform” (Red band polo, twill black shorts, black belt, black ankle socks and marching shoes). They will change into these after dinner. Go to bed early, Friday is a LONG day!
FRIDAY (Sept 1st) – What your kids will be doing…
||Regular Band Practice
||Change into “Under Uniform” for practice
||Practice for game
||Dinner in the Student Center
||March into Stadium (Start @ Band Hall, down Church Rd., into Stadium)
||Game starts! Tunes in the stands/ Halftime Show / Tunes in the stands
||Game ends, kids can be picked up at band hall
FOOTBALL FRIDAY 411
Get your ticket! Get a discounted ticket from 8:15 am-1:30 pm in the foyer outside the front office of LHHS on Fridays or your student can also pick up a ticket for you during their lunch period. Tickets are also available at the stadium box office before the game.
Band March In! Arrive about 6:30 pm to watch the band march from the Band Hall down Church Street and into the LHHS stadium. It’s a fantastic photo opportunity and a spirited way to start the evening and weekend. This only happens at home games.
Sit with us! Most of the Band parents sit near the Band. The Band sits to the right of the reserved seats, behind the Highlandettes. Band parents and family usually sit to the right of the Band. Look for us, and sit with us! We have fun up there! We still try to sit together near the band at away games, just look for us.
Band Spirit Wear available for purchase! Amy Daryani will be at the home games selling T-shirts, hoodies, tanks and more. Bring your cash, and she will help you get your Spirit ON! Wear your band button!
Volunteering opportunities at games! There are several ways you can get involved on Friday nights with the band. You can sign up or just show up and help when and where you can!
1. Pit Pops – Come at 4:45PM to help cook dinner for the band kids. You can also come down to the North end of the stadium about 10 minutes before the end of the 2nd Quarter to help pull the pit onto the field. And then after halftime, help pull the pit off of the field and return it to the band hall. At away games the needs are different. Please get in touch with the Pit Pop Chair, Charles Schmalzreid, to get involved (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Chaperones – Come at 6PM and meet in the chaperone room by the icemaker in the band hall. Help gather supplies and walk into the stadium with the band, distribute water and first aid during the game, assist on the field at half-time and get the band back to the band hall safely. The sign up for the 1st week is full, but show up and help if you have time! The Chaperone Moms are Leigh Tidwell (email@example.com) and LeaAnne Pillers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Meals – 4:30- 6:30PM help set up for, prepare and clean up meals in the chaperone room. And from 5-6:30PM serve meals and clean up after meals in the Student Center. If you would like to help serve meals before the football games and to check times for future games, please go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b094dabae1-meals or contact our Meal Mom, Starla Horstman at (email@example.com). You can show up and help even if all the slots are filled on the sign up genius.
Let us know if you have any questions. We’re looking forward to seeing you at “The Boneyard!”