Now that UIL and the band trip are over, we look forward to another busy month!! May brings auditions, concerts, awards ceremonies, exams and finally…graduation!! Please follow the calendar below carefully as we wouldn’t want you to miss out on any of the fun!!
- May 1: Wind Ensemble rehearsals begin at 9:00 AM all week.
- May 2: DCI Booster Planning Meeting 7:00 PM (Choir Room, LHHS)
- May 4: “Jazz Under the Stars”, 7:00 PM in the stadium. Jazz One and Two will perform about an hour and a half concert. Please bring your lawn chairs, blankets and snacks and enjoy an evening of great music and fun!
*Note: previous announcements show a 6:30 PM start time. Due to a football scrimmage which ends at 6:30, we will need time to set up for a 7:00 PM start time.
- May 5: Retirement reception for Mr. Alvarado, 5-7PM in the band hall.
- May 8: Woodwind auditions for band placement (2017-2018)
- May 9: Brass auditions for band placement (2017-2018)
- May 10: Section Leader auditions, 4:30 PM (band hall)
- May 11: Drum Major auditions, 4:30 PM (band hall)
- May 13: Whirlyball for Seniors vs. Directors (directors WILL WIN…AGAIN!!)
- May 16: LHHS Band Spring Concert, 7:00PM, auditorium
- May 20: Red & White Football Game, 2:00 PM in our stadium. All students are required to attend
- May 23: Band Booster Meeting, 7:00 PM (band hall)
- May 24: LHJH Spring Concert, 7:00 PM, auditorium
- May 25: FMJH Spring Concert, 7:00 PM, auditorium
- May 26: Band Awards Banquet, Park Cities Baptist Church (more details to follow)
- May 29: Memorial Day, No School
- May 30: Graduation Band rehearsal, 1:15-2:15 PM
- May 31: Last Day of School…Leadership Work Day, 1-3 PM
I hope everyone has a great week!