A big “CONGRATULATIONS” to our Varsity Winterguard and their directors, Danny Martinez, Katie Navarro and Jorge Ortega for an outstanding performance in the NTCA Championships held this past Saturday. While we did not achieve the result we were hoping for, we appreciate the group’s efforts throughout the season!
“Thanks” to all who came out to support our jazz bands at the “Evening of Jazz” concert held this past Friday night. We had a great time performing and look forward to our next performance, “Jazz Under the Stars” which will be held Thursday, May 4 at 6:30 PM in the Stadium.
Sectionals for Wind Ensemble 7-8 AM
- Monday, High Woodwinds
- Tuesday, High Brass
- Wednesday, Low Winds
- Section pass offs continue this week as well. Schedule is posted in the band hall.
WIND ENSEMBLE CLINIC: Wednesday, April 5 from 4:30-6:30 PM with Mr. Dick Floyd, retired Director of UIL. Everyone’s attendance is absolutely necessary! Be prepared to learn a lot!
Corpus Trip & Band Fees
Corpus Trip and Band Fees: As we near the date of the trip and the end of school, please be mindful of any outstanding balances. We have bills to pay and need everyone to get caught up as soon as possible.
Eligibility and Grades
As always, please keep your grades up as everybody is essential to the success of our organization! If you had a failing grade on the last report card, you have time to regain eligibility by PASSING ALL CLASSES on the next progress report.
The next Jazz II rehearsal will be Monday, April 3 from 4:30-5:30 PM.
- April 3: Jazz II rehearsal , 4:30 -5:30 P:M
- April 5: Wind Ensemble Clinic with Mr. Floyd, 4:30-6:30 PM
- April 10-11 and April 26-27: Leadership 101, 4:30-6:30 PM. These sessions are for those who wish to audition for next year’s leadership team.
- April 19: UIL Concert Band
- Warm-up 5:40 PM Performance: 6:15 PM Sight-Read: 6:45 PM (Band Hall)
- April 20: UIL Symphonic Band
- Warm-up: 9:25 AM Performance: 10:00 AM Sight-Read: 10:30 AM (Band Hall)
- April 20: UIL Wind Ensemble
- Warm-up: 4:10 PM Performance: 5:00 PM Sight-Read: 5:45 PM (Band Hall)
- April 21-24: Band Trip to Corpus Christi
- April 26-27: Leadership 101 (continued from April 10 &11), 4:30-6:30 PM.
- April 27: Band 101 (Incoming freshman band orientation), 7:00 PM in the band hall.
- May 4: Jazz Under the Stars, 6:30 PM in our stadium.
- May 20: Red & White Football Game, 2:00 PM in our stadium. All students are required to attend
I hope everyone has a great week!